Beiträge von Celinii

Hallo Leute musste einen Aufsatz in Englisch schreiben und es wääre super nett wenn ihr ihn korrigieren könntet ;) ne 1 wär doch mal super

New York has 18,8 million inhabitants .It's the seat of international companies and organization . Furthermore it's a important economic and trading centre in the world .NY has big harbours on the east west.But the question is why is NY the dream destination of million?Because New York has 500 galeries,200 museums,1500 theaters and ca.18000 restaurants .Another point I want to mention is how did NY become such a popular metropolis ?In 1524 Giovanna de Veranosano had landed on the west coast upper NY bay and in 1607 henry hudson had discovered a bay and gave his name the river. On top of this the german peter minnewitz bought Manhatten from the indian for 24 dollar .So in 1663 the english army under the duke of york conquered the area and therefore the name of the city. Now i would like to explain some sights and I want to start with the broadway.The broadway in ny is the theatrical quarter on the times square between the 41 and 53 street and between the sixth and ninth avenue.That Street is ca. 25 km long and the oldest street of ny.There are more then 40 big theaters and ca. 1500 Off-Broadway and Off-Off-Broaday Musicals in smaller theaters.One musical is for exemple:the little shopf of horror ore the last five years.As everyone knows broadway is very illuminated so these street is called the gread white way.Secondly i want to say sth. about the statue of liberty.The statue of liberty is called,,miss liberty,, or ,,lady liberty,, on liberty island.The statue was given to the french people and this statue was a present for the 100th birthday of the us.Furthermore you can climp up inside of the statue until you reach the crown.In addition the statue is ca 46 m high and above all it is made of copper.Now i want to say sth.about the empire stade building.The empire stade building is on the southern edge of the new yorker boroughs midtown manhatten at the fifth avenue between the 33 and 34 street.This is possibly in the middle of the island Manhatten.It's true the empire stade building is one of the most important attractions of this town with a height of 443 m is it one of the biggest buildings of the world but at the time when the world trade center was built in 1974 the world trade center was higher with a height of 526,7 meter.Beyond that the empire stade building has ca.102 floors.On top of this there is in ny also a central park.The central park is one of those places that make new york such a great place to live.The huge park is located in the center of Manhatten.The park is also the home to the central park zoo and the metropolitan museum of art.Especially during the weekends when cars are not allowed into the park is the central park a welcome oasis in this hectic city.At the end i want to say sth about china town.As in almost every big america town there is of course also in ny a whole part of town mainy from chines.There live more than 150000 chinese and who becomes hungry can go to a restaurant but the street-signs are barely to be read for holidaymaker and tourists or to understand because there is almost eth. on/in chinese.Indeed,many traders have attached english translation in their stores.

danke leute :)
    Ps:bitte auch grammatik ;)