Beiträge von meike828

mhh vllt kannst du mir helfen : ich schreibe bald ne arbeit in englisch über englisch textanalyse ^^ hoffe ich zumindest dnen der lehrer ist echt seltsam...der hat uns einfach blätter gegeben was dadrin sein muss und meinte dann macht mal aber naja ....^^ das net soo einfach ich hab eine geschrieben bin mir aber erstens net sicher ob die gut ist und zweites grammatik mäßig..^^( rechtschreibfehler erst mal unwichtig ) bitte helf mir :

A hopless case analyse :

The short story a hopeless case is about first love.

The Protagonist loves jenny, but he is to shy to ask her for a date. So a other guy named John uses his chance and ask her for a date. But at the bonfire night he use his chance finite and flirt with Jenny.

The story takes place in the school , at the church choir and at the bonfire night.

In the story there is a first person-narrator. He is the main character in the story…”when I was about sixteen(..).”
    “I think she put her head on my shoulders for a second” or “ and perhaps jenny was a flirt”shows us that the narrator point of view is limited. He only knows what he feel and not what jenny oder John feelings are.
    The I-narrator is a protagonist As protagonist he tells us the story. As he was sixteen he feel in love with jenny. But he is to shy to ask her for a date
    ‘once she turned round and saw me looking. My face went very red’ He has no self-confidence and he thinks that he isn’t good enough for jenny.This is the reason why he doesn’t ask jenny for a date. And he comparison himself with a older boy named John statton.
    ‘All things which were difficult for me were very easy for John stratton’. Because John Statton has ask jenny for a date and she said yes. So he is very
    jealous and he thinks that this isn’t fair that he can do everything bether .” He could talk to girls without any sepecial effort,,,,,he could dance rater…..” And he thinks that he need a motor bike to ask Jenny for a date “ I hadn’t got a motor bike’So he thinks that she is very demanding and that she go on a date with john statton because he has one..

John Statton is the Antagonist in the story,: the conflict is between him and the I-narrator, because he and the protagonist want to date Jenny. And he is the one who held the partie at the bonfire night. He does this he wants to be popular.So he held 3 parties in the year.
    ‘he held parties on bonfire night, on his birthday and at chrismas.’
    On this party the I-narrator has a plan. He wants to do his arm around jenny’s waste. But he doesn’t want that someone see this soo he waites for the perfekt moment “ ‘Then john started to pur petrol on the fire from a lemonade bottle. …..Everybody were shouting…..Suddenly it was much darker than before and no one was looking our way.”
    The suddenly in this line is very important because it shows us that the I-narrator use he ‘s chance and put his fear away as he put his arms around jenny’s waste. But only a few seconds and than were the “change” over, because he feels again like a nobody. “I was a hopeless case”.

The atmosphere of the story is strained. The reader fell with the ‘-narrator and his feelings.

The author want us to tell that when we falll in love we must pluck up courage and ask our “lovelay” for a date.